Monday, November 7, 2011

Filled Up

Last Wednesday was an exhausting day, spiritually, mentally, and physically. I needed to be filled up, but all I wanted to do was crawl under my covers and sleep away the exhaustion. Calvary Chapel Entebbe has a Wednesday night service and meal, it is called Acts 2:42, and our team attends every week. I usually love Wednesday nights and look forward to the service, but last Wednesday I wanted to be anywhere but at the church. However, the message we received was the exact message I needed to continue on in the tasks set before me. Funny how the days we would rather be anywhere but in church are the days the message is exactly what we need to be refueled. God knows the needs of His children and He is faithful to come to our aid!
I have a few large tasks set before me, all things I have never done before nor had any idea I would be doing. All things that are highly important, that I wanted to do a good job with but felt I would be useless in these areas. I had so much to do in just a few days and all I knew was that I am just a kid, just an ordinary kid that couldn’t make a difference in this certain area. I am going to give you a brief overview of the message on Wednesday night.

We are beginning a new study, 1 Samuel. We looked at characters and themes.

Theme 1: God uses ordinary people to accomplish His great purpose!
I am as ordinary as they come. As skill-less and simple as anyone. There is nothing special about me, nothing that is irreplaceable. I thank my God that He uses ordinary people and gives them extraordinary lives. King David was a shepherd, but because he let the Lord use him, he became a staple in the heavenly kingdom. The Lord used this lowly boy in a mighty way. This is my prayer—Lord, use me in a mighty way!

Theme 2: When God calls you to a task He fills you with the Holy Spirit, the ability to do the task, and brings people along side you to help you with the task.
Again, I thank my Lord for this. He has placed tasks in my hands that I can’t handle on my own, but my team has helped me through, teaching me as we go. I have learned so much from them, but also, the Holy Spirit has inspired my mind in ways I couldn’t even imagine. As I was working, I knew things that I have never learned and could do things that I don’t know how to do. I know the Lord is here to help me and guide my hands as I carry out His work for His kingdom!

Theme 3: God has a will that HE WILL accomplish…we can choose to be on the sidelines watching, or we can choose to be apart of that will!
Where do you fit in the will of God? I know where I want to be. I want to be in the centre. The Lord wants to use us. No matter what, His perfect plans will be filled, but if we offer complete obedience to Him, He will use us! We have the choice to work along side Jesus or just sit back and let Him work through others. I don’t know about you, but I want to be at the right hand of my heavenly father. I am here to be His hands and His feet.

I was encouraged through this message and let it ring through my ears, as the following couple of days were long and grueling. Jesus was always there to pick me up and strengthen me when I felt as though I was too yo

No comments:

Post a Comment